FAQ about Electronic Pet Containment Systems
- Is Hidden Fence Company associated with Invisible Fence®, Petsafe®, PetSafe® Pro, Radio Fence®, Dogwatch®, DogGuard® or ANY other pet fence brand than Pet Stop®?
- Can I use an underground dog fence for my aggressive dog?
- How old should my dog be before the initial pet fence training?
- How long will the underground fence equipment last?
- Does the correction cause behavior problems?
- I know someone in my area who bought a fencing system for less money...are the Professional products really worth it?
- Is the wire safe to put in yard with children?
- Does the fencing system interfere with radios, TVs, garage-door openers, heart pacemakers?
- Will a power failure affect the fencing system?
- Will the fencing system work for cats?
- Does the system work indoors?
- Does the correction hurt the dog?
- Can the fencing receiver-collar be loosened or removed after the training sinks in?
- Do you sell pet containment systems for my breed of dog?
No. We are an authorized Pet Stop® provider. Hidden Dog Fence Company sells and or services all other brands as an independent pet fencing contractor.
Again, to be clear:
HIDDEN FENCE COMPANY provides manufacturer warranties only on Pet Stop® brand products. Hidden Fence Company sells and or services all other brands of pet containment only as an independent contractor, including all product upgrades, exchanges, trade-ins and replacements.
No. We will not sell or install an electric dog fence for an aggressive dog. The only exception is when our product supports a pre-existing wooden or chain link fence. Use of corrections with aggressive dogs is not recommended, instead, we suggest you call your vet for a training recommendation.
We recommend approximately 3 months with an average pup or a little younger with more hearty pups. Pet containment systems can really concrete yard edge avoidance when trained right and trained early.
Every Hidden Dog Fence System we offer comes with a full lifetime warranty.
No. Using our revolutionary training approach, you can train your pet on very low percentage output levels, avoiding false associations which can cause behavior issues.
Most dogs seem happier and healthier with full run of the yard every day. Dogs tend to get more exercise and also more quality time with their (happier) owners.
Pet Stop® Pet Fencing Systems make us look good in the field. They are reliable, highly adjustable and make the training go better. When you combine top grade product with our professional experience and commitment to customer satisfaction, you get the best pet containment experience possible.
However, you can also choose from some great economical values in the Retail/Premium product lines, and even put the system in yourself.
Installation costs can vary, depending on the size of the property, terrain situations, the number of dogs and other factors. If you have us do the work, you'll benefit from over 75 years of combined local experience in the field. We'll do it right and help you at every stage.
But many budget minded homeowners do the installation and training themselves. Are you handy and motivated? We will coach you if you buy a self install kit from us.
Yes! The dog fence wire caries a coded radio signal - not an electric current. The wire is designed to last over 20 years underground and will not break by itself.
Our signal is pulse coded and avoids all random interference and false responses.
"Battery backup" is available for the system that keeps the fence operating in case of a power outage.
The system works great with cats within normal behavior range.
Yes. We offer many indoor transmitters and wiring options.
Our Hidden Fence systems are used and recommended as a safe and humane solution to the everyday challenges of dog ownership by many local veterinarians and by many of your local neighbors.
No, pet conditioning requires consistent consequences. After removing the collar, the pet may stay contained, but the pet may challenge the fencing boundaries. To maintain the conditioning, we require keeping the receiver-collar on whenever the pet needs to be contained - inside or out.
Yes. Our hidden fence pet containment systems are suitable for small dogs such as Chihuahuas, medium size dogs such as Poodles and large dogs such as Labradors.